Persecution

There's one thing that we will go through and always suffer as God's Children and that is being persecution. Jesus suffered it, his disciples suffered it and so will we. It evens goes back to the days of Cesar where he used Christians as humans torches, meaning this happened in the past and will always happen. It says in the Bible that persecution is a test to make us stronger in Christ and a strength to show that we are on job with our faith, as the devil will do anything in his power to take us far from God. I was speaking with a friend yesterday and there was something she said that stuck out to me, as she constantly get's persecuted on Twitter. She mentioned that as Christians that if we are not receiving persecution something is wrong, because the devil doesn't attack Luke warm Christians because sorry to say they're already in his hands as it says in the word that those that are in the middle are in trouble as your yes should be Yes and no should be No! As anything in the middle is not of him. It's either you're of him or you're not. And it made me agree that it's only God's true servants that suffer it. 

 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11
There was a time in my church when my bishop was speaking about it for weeks he was preaching about how we would suffer and be condemned for serving him and shocking of all I will be from people close to us. As it's happened to others and used past examples of people that it happened to in the Bible. I thought to myself "Skkn never, me???!!! no one can mock me" Then a few weeks later as I was doing Evangelism I bumped into my friends, the way they was mocking and laughing at me. (Baring in mind they used to persecute me being over weight. I learnt they really weren't my friends.) I never felt so ashamed and bad about myself, my stomach turned I felt so down. Then at that moment God spoke to me through the other church member I was evangelising with (Who happened to be one of my best friends sister, I never told her how her words have kept and motivated me to stay in the faith all these years.) She told me that I will suffer this and never to be ashamed to be a Christian, and remember the preachings from Bishop. Then I really learnt the meaning of persecution. Now there's many stories in the national news of recent of many Christians dying and suffering in bondage in the Middle East for not disowning their faith. And here I was moaning because my friends made some jokes when there's people suffering worse. Now that I get it I ignore it as I know this is one of the tactics that the devil uses to drive people away from having salvation. 

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours." John 15:18-20
I know many friends who are persecuted because of their faith by family and friends and judged wrongly. I even heard of stories in my church where a member had been kicked and out and disowned by their families. I'm mocked for being celibate and having strong Christian views probably every week on Twitter. I see it as these people (those who persecute me) don't know what they're doing because if they did they wouldn't do it, as Jesus said this before he sacrificed himself and saved us, it's Satan using them to drive you away and back to the world. You guys may think I'm crazy for saying this but I'm actually ready to die, ready to be killed for the gospels,  for my Lord I will never back down or be ashamed of my Lord, NEVER. People can say what they want or do what they want, after what my God has done for me how can I ever reject him? If you're currently suffering from persecution stay strong and pray. As it says on the verse on top they hated Jesus so they will hate you also for following him. Many have left God because they couldn't handle it but remember the reward of meeting our Father in heaven will be all so worth it!

Until next week guys have a blessed week and stay strong with the Lord. 

Yours Sincerely

      Ayo Balogun       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience