Serve The Lord Discretely

                                       
They pile heavy burdens on people’s shoulders and won’t lift a finger to help. Everything they do is just to show off in front of others. They even make a big show of wearing Scripture verses on their foreheads and arms, and they wear big tassels[a] for everyone to see. They love the best seats at banquets and the front seats in the meeting places. And when they are in the market, they like to have people greet them as their teachers.
Matthew 23 4-7 

I was on social media yesterday and I saw a quote when a young man said we live in a generation where we record things a lot with little achievement. Meaning It's like we want praise when we do the basic things, like being a loyal partner, being a good parent and most of all a good Christian. Many of us have this ignorant thinking that's we are doing good deeds and God and people must be impressed, by us paying tithes, going to church praying and etc. I love the internet and modern day technology just like the next person does. (Those of you who know me, I'm always on my phone lol.) But when it comes to the things of God, my phone must be switched off and my spiritual eyes switched on. I'm not here to boast as I am a common sinner like everyone else, but we need to get rid of this Pharisee, self righteous spirit out of us, thinking we are better than everyone, broadcasting when ever we are doing the things of God. To me I don't know if anyone agree's I think it's weird and quite disrespectful that you're filming sermons and stuff in the church. Your church is not Youtube or a film studio, when we are the Lord's house let's respect the Lord's house, I understand some want to share sermon, but the best way to do that is by bringing people to the church, I just feel the world doesn't need to see you praying or dabbing to Oh Happy Day on Snapchat or what ever app you guys use. Remember do things discreetly why must we shout from the rooftops "I'm fasting" "I'm taking a haitious from social media to spend time with God"??? I'm saying this because I was the king of this, and I was attention seeking I wanted people to see my deeds and gets likes, retweets and recognition, our walk is not about recognition it's about being wise with our faith, I think our relationship with God should be discreet and quiet NOT SECRET!!!, there's a difference broadcasting our every move is not smart. The pharisees did this and boasted, we are not here to be Bible bashing, know it all Christians, we are here to be leaders of the light who are lead by intelligent faith. Yes I get we want to share the gospel, but there's smarter ways of doing it.   

Until next time guys, thanks for  reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
Follow/contact me on
Follow me on my social media accounts
Twitter: @UncleAyoB
Instagram: @thatguya.b
Facebook: Ayo Balogun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience