Mental Health


Elijah was afraid[b] and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.”  Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.
All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.
1st Kings 19: 3-6

When you read the story of Elijah, as he went through mental health before it became mental health he was so depressed, he became suicidal before God comforted and reassured him in 1 Kings as life got on top of him in the book of  the 1st epistle of Kings. A lot of Christians who could relate to Elijah are going through it and that's ok, one thing that I'm annoyed with the modern day church about mental health and having mental health disorders is seen as a negative, you're not demon-possessed, you're not far from God and you don't "just pray." about it as the church says!!


Yes, the Bible teaches us that when we find the Holy Spirit, He gives us peace, reassurance and makes us whole as Romans 14:17 says. Not every day will be a bed of roses and hunky-dory you will have days where we are anxious, our problems weigh us down, we go through trauma and mourn the deaths of so many people that we lost or many other things that get us down. And it's ok not to be ok I feel as Christians we just "sprinkle on Jesus" meaning we have no empathy or understanding, we give people like myself who have bad MH blaze advice and solutions such as "just pray" which angers me!!!!!!! Let's give people who are depressed realistic solutions, let us motivate, check and encourage them. 


The only answer to depression is having the Holy Spirit, the answer to having a good MH is God filling that void that's in us. The same way God reassured & motivated Elijah when he was suicidal is the same way God can do to us, I'm not saying to fold your arms and let God magically cure and free you from your MH, anxiety & depression, but we have to take actions as the Holy word says faith without works is dead as James 2:26 echoes. So in laymen terms what I'm saying is we have to take actions to better our MH like going to therapy/counselling, speaking to a pastor or getting one on one counselling sessions but I advised these pastors that you confide in are ones that you trust and have some sort of counselling training, doing things that make you happy like reading and writing positive affirmations, having a circle who motivates and you can confide in and doing things that make you happy like working on your brand, doing things you enjoy and make you happy. Irons sharpen irons in the Christian community so let's be there for another so I urge anyone that is depressed, anyone that has a mental disorder that's affected them or been depressed most of your life please feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to.

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity

contact me on

07576326662

Follow me on my social media accounts

Instagram: @ayotalks2020

Facebook: Ayo Balogun

Snapchat: ayotalks2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience