Why I No Longer Believe In The Prosperity Gospel

If you like me are from the charismatic, Pentecostal faith you're all familiar with the prosperity gospel! A gospel that is taught that if your love life, family life, health and especially your finances are not where it's meant to be you don't have "enough faith" or you can't glorify God and I'm here to tell this teaching is problematic and toxic and in today's blog, I'll tell you why I no longer believe in this gospel. 

I no longer believe in this gospel because not everyone is meant to have this great life, yes the Bible has more than 8000 promises for us, but some believers fought their whole lives for certain blessings and died not getting it, are they less Christian? Did they lack faith? No, it's just that they never got their blessing one way or another, Moses never saw the promised land, and Job Lost his kids but it doesn't take away from their legacy or their great faith just like the great athletes who never won many titles in their careers it doesn't take away from their greatness, we as Christian and the church need to stop teaching this narrative just because you don't have certain prosperous blessings you can't glorify God or you "lack faith"

To conclude my blog we need to put an end to niche gospels such as the property gospel, poverty gospel and the one I despise the most the woke gospel, the gospels are the good news that teaches us all sorts of things it's not just confined to one thing or niche, these types of gospels are turning Christian cold, away from God and pointing the wrong picture of Christianity, yes while we are on this earth we must fight to be prosperous but we must also fight to be saved and have a relationship with God where in the prosperity gospel there's not much of this preached, it's just be as rich as possible to Glorify God but not much touches on being saved and this is why I no longer believe in the prosperity gospel.

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity

Contact me on

07576326662

Follow me on my social media accounts

Instagram: @ayotalks32

Facebook: Ayo Talks Balogun

Snapchat: ayotalksbalogun 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience