Spiritual Priorities

If you ask me "what's the main principle of being a Christian?" I would tell you it's to put God and the things of God FIRST!!!!!!! But this is the thing that I don't see much of Christians in this era, most of us don't value our spiritual priorities or sadly don't have any. What do I mean by spiritual priorities? It's how we prioritize the things of God and how we serve God in our day to day lives.

This is what saddens me, slowly and slowly many Christians put God and their faith as the last thing on their list of priorities. There's always an excuse why we didn't go to church, why we didn't pray, why we don't seek or fast and so on and so on, because we put our lives, the things of this world and our busy schedules before God. Okay it doesn't help that we live in the era of technology and demanding work and commitment schedules in life but surely if we serve a great God surely we can make time for him in a 24 hour day??? Come on!!!!!! "busy" Is in the state of the mind we throw this word around too much if we wanted to make time for something and someone we would and could!!!!! Imagine if God was too busy to bless us, Imagine God telling us we're not a priority to him? It's sad and rude inst it? This is what we do when we prioritize our job over him, when we put our friends and family over him. When instead of praying, fasting or reading the Bible we're filling ourselves with the rubbish and entertainment of this world. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't have a life, or to not enjoy the things of the world. As we can't be robots but there's a time for EVERYTHING!!!!!

You may think this is harsh or unfair or that I'm even condemning, but that's not the case what I'm saying, but this message is for me also, because I've done this and I'm guilty of doing this, how many times was I meant to pray or fast only for me to do it 30 minutes later, an hour later or even worse not do it at all, because I was on social media or doing something that I thought was more important, or going to church late because I wanted more sleep? This is something I'm working on and I'll know I'll eradicate as this is a bad habit. And I'm here to please and put God first!!!!! But it made me think and God put this in my heart to write to you guys. That our relationship with God is more important than our lives, our families & friends and our careers. Like it says in the bible why gain the successes of this world but loose your soul? Think about it how many people, including many people who claimed they were Christians are burning in hell  because they didn't put God as their first priority. How many years have I wasted when I could've been taken God serious years ago because He wasn't my first priority as I put my sins, social media, laziness, football over the things of God? we can travel 3 hours to a rave that's way far from us, that won't profit our lives but can't go to church on time, we can spend the whole day sleeping, being on the phone to friends, working, on social media, watching TV or playing video games but cant dedicate an hour to God praying or mediating on the word. We can talk about celebrity gossip and what not but we can't preach the word of God. This is not right!!! As servants and the body of Christ we need to get our spiritual priorities in order!!!!! Because if we don't we will be cold in our faiths.  
 

Comments

  1. Now Bayo the Legend Bayo has stood up. The zeal to tell the folk how it is has found you. Brooooo flow. God is our main priority. No other. Nobody else first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

The Spirit Of Disobedience