Becareful What You Listen To

13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by[d] the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

 As you read John chapter 17, you realize Jesus praying for the world, and praying that even though we live in the planet we are not like everyone else, we are Christians that must stand out, not blend in with the world. And listening to the music of this world can actually harm your spiritual life. 

Through out the years I've debated why we could listen to secular music, but what did I know? I was just trying to be that "cool Christian" so I can blend in, in today's post I'll be, being used by God and instructing why listening to the sounds of this world wrong. 1. Most of the songs are from a negative point of view whether it be drugs, rebellion, having sex and to be using your emotions which the Bible states all of these things are wrong. 2. I've always said why listen to music that contradicts your faith? If an artist was to make a song about pork would a Muslim listen to it? NO of course not because pork is forbidden in their faith just like fornication, drug abuse and crime is forbidden is in ours. 

I'm from a background where music has played a major part in my life, but like I mentioned it was a downfall in my spiritual walk, why? Because I wanted to be a rebel and think I'm the tough guy and even fight my own mum! Chase girls and when the UK rap scene first started when most artists had their trousers sagging (where your trousers are lower than your waist, or also known as "low batty") I would copy them, bearing in mind I was a church leader. I now realize that music is one of the main things that pollutes this world, it was proven years ago that urban music plays a big part in teenage pregnancies, crime and so fourth. Many blind Christians argue its not a problem, because they don't do what the artist is saying and the tune is catchy, but the reason why people, like certain songs is because they can relate to it, so if you don't do what the artist is promoting then why are you listening to it? That doesn't make sense. So guys please be careful what you listen to, I've seen with my own eyes people manifest evil spirits because of the music of this world. Yes the lyrics sound nice, and the beat is catchy, how I love a good beat, (I'll make a confession Work comes up in my head lol.) But I rebuke it, I'm not saying you can't listen to music but be selectively whose songs are on your Ipod/phone/device. Even a lot of gospel artists are bad, they claim to do this for the gospels, but their fruits show
how they're in it for the money, fame and scandal like every other artist. Music is another way the devil is catching many, when he was in heaven his role was to play music, now what do you think his main weapon is  in the kingdom of hell?

Until next time guys, thanks for  reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
Follow/contact me on
Follow me on my social media accounts
Twitter: @UncleAyoB
Instagram: @thatguya.b
Facebook: Ayo Balogun
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience