My Top 5 Christian U.S Rappers

Image result for us christian rappers

So as I put on my social media I will be doing something completely different with my Christian blogs, I will be doing a top 5 series, of my favorite gospel US rappers and UK MC's and overall gospel artists & I will be doing my top 5 disturbances in a sermon to round of the series.

As you know I start my blogs with a scripture but for most of this series I will be giving you an insight of the Christian music I listen to. What inspired me to this is as you know, well those of you who follow me on Snapchat. I send snaps of my favorite tracks and I get people asking what song was that as they liked it and up downloading the songs. Just as I like sharing the gospel, I like plugging my peoples with great Christian music too, sometimes I think I'm the Tim Westwood or DJ Jazzy Jeff of the gospel scene lol.  Down the years in my walk there's always been this debate if we or we should not listen to secular or mainstream music. My answer is to that is the Spirit has to convict you and we have to discern for ourselves, but then ask your self this, would a Muslim listen to a song that glorifies bacon? Or would certain demographic listen to a song or artists that bashes or goes against their belief system? Probably not that's the same with us believers, but like I said the Spirit has to convict, that's another topic for another blog for another day, not saying gospel artists are any better or holier as some do it for clout or do gospel for their own selfish desires, even some gospel artists I had to delete their songs of my devices as they swore a lot, as we as believers must keep away from profane language. But enough of me babbling on, here are my top 5 U.S gospel rappers.

5. Trip Lee 
Image result for trip lee

Trip Lee is one of the most explosive rappers to come out of CHH (Christian Hip- Hop) with his range of thought provoking subjects like being unashamed for God, and black empowerment the Southerner who could be compared to his counterparts Outkast and Lil Wayne is an amazing lyricist and rhymer with a great track record of hits and albums to back him up . I came across him 2012 and been a big fan ever since.




Their Best Project/Album: The Waiting Room & The Good Life 

Their Best Songs: No Day's Off & Too Cold 

4. KB
Image result for KB

If you like Future, and those guys from the Migo's like Offset and Quavo, you'll defo love KB the full-time pastor like Trip Lee are in the same label Reach Records, are both the big hitters and pioneers of Christian rap, KB is very melodic, double flow and a creative rapper with amazing hook game too. He could easily be in my top 3 but as this was hard for me to do, he sits at number 4 he will be dropping a new project this year check it out guys.

Their Best Project/Album: Prime-time 

Their Best Songs: Smith & Wesson Ft Ty Brasel, Hold Me Back 

3. Andy MineoImage result for andy mineo
Andy Mineo is the gospel version to what Eminem and Dappy is to the hip hop and grime scene, the talented white guy who stands out, in his own lane but gives props to black culture and doesn't appropriate it, NO SHADE. The Italian who grew up in New York has really come of age in the past few years from being the go to hook guy in Christian rap to being one of the most diverse and best bar for bar rappers in the game. Mineo ran so Sevin, Ty Brasel, Datin & WHATUPRG (other great & elite white Christian rappers) can walk.

Their Best Project/Album: Uncomfortable, Heroes For Sale & Neverland

Their Best Songs: Uncomfortable, Not Today Satan, Clarity & Why Don't You Like Country

2. Datin   Image result for Datin
If you grew up listening to 90's rap such as Wu Tang, Nas, Craig Mac and Cyprus Hill, then I'm telling you now you will appreciate Datin as you did/do with the above artists. With Kendric Lamar's aggression, Tupac's outspoken way's and Cassidy's bar for bar devastating word play in Christian form you have Datin, the most controversial Christian rapper in the scene who called out fellow CHH rapper Lecrea and his peers in the mainstream. Is one of the most rawest and most enthusiastic Christian rappers in the scene who would probably give John The Baptist a run for his money with his sharp tongue and blunt preaching. Datin whose very transparent, honest and open is an embodiment of how someone whose willing to put their life on the line for Christ should be, not only in his music but in his testimony too.

Their Best Project/Album: The Menace Mixtape & Hell In The Hallway    

Their Best Songs: Datin's Dead, Bread Of War, Hell In The Hallway, I Won't Bow & God Or Government

1. Lecrea Image result for lecrae
Now we are here, number 1 and I'm pretty sure most of you guys who are familiar with CHH will know that this guy here is in most guy's top 5, I can write and give this guy's accolades until Nigeria win a world cup or I lose weight (both will never happen lol) If Micheal Jackson was the chosen one in pop, Jay Z the front runner in rap and what the Rolling Stones is to rock music. Then Lecrea is the pioneer of Christian rap, this was the artist that got me into gospel music and been following him for 10 years as I'm the biggest fan from his first project Rehab to last years smash album Let The Trap Say Amen, Lecrea to me is the best Christian rapper of all time and one of the most consistent, with his out of this universe word play, with range of flows and distinctive way of rapping about the gospel, no one on his day is out rapping him I can even say, please don't shoot me lol can go toe to toe with the greats of the game in mainstream rap. The Grammy award winner is not only the greatest CHH rapper of all time he's also owns his own record label Reach Records & found his crew 116 Clique (basically the gospel version of So Solid Crew, Wu Tang Clan & Top Dog Entertainment) where he's nurtured and discovered some of the best rappers in game such as Trip Lee, KB, Aha Gazele, Andy Mineo, Wande Coal, Derek Minor and many more. Lecrea is one of the best to do it, a true living icon and is already a living legend.

Their Best Project/Album: All Things Come Together, Anomaly & Church Clothes 3

Their Best Songs: Identity, Broke, All I Need Is You & Misconceptions 3  

Honorable mentions of Christian rappers who are great artists and who I couldn't mention in the top 5 you guys should also check them out too; KJ:52, Tedashi, Anti Social Misfits Club, Sho Baraka, S.O, S.O.S, Cross Movement, DA Truth, Flame, Sevin, Ty Brasel, WHATUPRG, 1K Phew, Aaron Cole, Toby Mac, No Malice,  Derek Minor, Dee-1, Aha Gazelle, and I would love to shout out the females of the game who are doing their thing in Christain rap too such as Jackie Hill Perry and Wande Coal. 

As this blog is subjective and purely based of my opinion I did this so I can bring Christian who are looking for quality gospel music to listen to. PLEASE PLEASE, if you haven't heard of them please please check them out. Are these guys angels and perfect because they rap for God? No they like secular artist have made mistakes and have had their fair share of scandals just like the gospel artists before them but these 5 individuals plus many gospel artists have motivated and helped me greatly in my faith. As a great music lover who listens to all genre's from pop to rock, if music can be used as a great tool by the devil to ruin the world, then gospel music whether it's gospel rap/grime Mary Mary or Casting Crowns can be used to glorify God and help us in our walk too .

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
Follow/contact me on
07576326662
Follow me on my social media accounts
Twitter: @UncleAyoB
Instagram: @thatguya.b
Facebook: Ayo Balogun

SnapChat: uncleayob28 
 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience