The Same Energy You Have For Beyonce, Have For Jesus


The Same Energy You Have For Beyonce, Have For Jesus

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33

Disclaimer: What I’m about to talk will be sensitive as talking about spiritual priorities will offend some as it can be a touchy subject; this blog is to educate, help and inspire other Christians to put God first in everything. As someone who didn’t have any spiritual priorities over 3 years ago I have no right to judge or shade anyone, which is not my purpose or aim of this piece.

The title must’ve got heads spinning and this is what I intended to do, because like I do, I always point out what wrong goes on in the Christian community and give a solution. We Stan celebrities, and when I mean Stan, if you don’t know the term from the iconic Eminem song, I mean radically idolize celebrities such as Beyonce where her fan base goes to far as insulting people online who don’t like her music, to even take a day off work for her birthday, but a lot of us Christians don’t even take the day off work for Good Friday or check people who mock God. Why are we late for church but on time for work or a movie we booked to see? Why do we have time to go on social media, work or see friends, but we make excuses not to pray or do devotion for God?

I asked myself this as I’ve noticed that not all of us believers, but so many of us give no priorities to God but give more importance to the things of our lives and this world and things that will perish. What inspired me to write this blog was a few months ago I invited someone to church and do you know what they turned around said to me? They said as they live in South London that my church in North London was too far, surely our work place is far and we still travel there, our universities are far, our holiday destinations where we spend hours on the plane is far but we make the way to go. So surely an hour’s plus journey to church is doable between the other side of the pond where you can find healing, blessings and God’s word which trumps the entire above better? But if I talk they’ll say I’m controversial. For months and months I thought about this person and for months the Holy Spirit put this on my mind to blog about this. No disrespect to this person if that’s what they’re on then amen, I’m in no right to judge as the word says if you faith to eat meat don’t criticize someone who wants to only eat vegetables. Romans 14:3 not saying I’m better or the ones who eats meat. As I use to do this, how many times did I say to God I’ll be faithful in coming to church on Sundays? But instead I was eating Lidl Weeto’s and watching Hollyoaks as if Darren and Zak will take me to heaven. How many times did I not do my devotion so I can watch football or do pillow talking with a woman till God knows when? Instead of me to preach the word of God to people how many times would I gossip and talk about things of no substance. Like I’ve said before I took God seriously I was Luke warm Christian with no priorities where I prioritized my sins, media, social media, girls my desires instead of serving God.

We need to wake up and smell the moi moi and jollof we need to put God first and the things of God first, church is more important than your job or having a lazy day and catching up on your shows. They’ll always be time for that just like we can always fit God in our busy and hectic schedule. Your spiritual life/walk with God is more important than your career, your love life and your loved ones. Remember the Bible asked what is the point to have a great career, blessed family and so much money in your bank account like Bill Gates but your soul is lost in hell?  Matthew 16:26
So many things in this society of internet, technology and getting what we want, when we want at a faster pace for example we don’t need to buy ingredients to cook anymore we just buy £1.99 microwave meals or order from my best friend Uber Eats, these things are robbing us from our relationship with God and I see it everyday not because I’m judging or pointing my finger at you it’s because as I’ve mentioned I used to do this and the Holy Spirit had to bring me back to earth and I won’t lie even now when it’s time for me to devotion I procrastinate at times which is something I’m working on am I better Christian because I’m telling you this? No, is God and the Spiritual Committee going to give me a Grammy for Christian Of The Year? A thousand times no!!!!! I’m telling you guys this because I can relate I was in a lot of our shoes I used to Stan Michael Jackson I had his History video that I would watch religiously, I had all his songs, I even had a T-Shirt saying R.I.P MJ, it was so bad that if anyone said a bad word about him I would switch as if he’s paying me on What’s App to defend him, I even cried for his funeral that was televised. I remember people in my church telling me it’s too much, but I should’ve put all that passion in my walk with God, because those times I was Luke warm in my faith and even got kicked out of my church’s youth group because I was being a bad influence there. You see what happens when you’re not prioritizing in the things of God? It’s like we become disobedient and curse our lives. Deuteronomy 11:28

How many of us Christians do this day in and day out? How many of us are sacrificing our Sabbath day to go to work to make an extra £100, what’s that compared to God? When he can make us millionaires there’s one thing going to church then going to work, or not going and doing our own devotion and at home, but it’s one thing working on our Sabbath and doing nothing I won’t lie to you this is an old tactic from the devil to take many away from God. But that’s for another blog which I’ll touch on. How many of us put our family, friends or bae over God? People who can turn their back us on tomorrow but today claim to love us right now, where God always loves us. How many of us are ready to travel to Wakanda or The Land of Oz for a rave/ motive that will give us limited joy and bring no substance to our lives, but for church we make all the excuses in the book not to go? God is answer to our problems, our salvation and is our guide, but yet we prioritize things, events and people that will be here today and gone tomorrow.

To conclude this is not a stance to say that you’ll boycott your favorite artist, TV Show, partner, friend, work, career and your life because I like music, TV and these things and that you’re going to be a monk and lock yourself in a room and read the Bible and pray all day. No quite on the contrary my plea is that we as Christians should have balance and that God comes first in everything, you don’t become fanatic and start being radical but we always put God first and you’ll see what God will do. When I started putting my faith in God first God blessed me so much in finances, my family and in my mental health and I grew in my faith, this is why many Christians hardly see the work of God or blessings because they do not serve God whole heartedly and do their own will and follow their own priorities, how can God bless someone where He’s not taken serious or push to the side like KFC coleslaw. It’s like going to the GP for a health problem the doctor tells you to A to F to be healed but you do W to Z, it won’t work, the same with God when we chase his kingdom first everything will be added. I want you, after reading this blog to think and ask yourself how you can prioritize God more. Or if you say “Ayo I’m well with God I already put Him first” if that’s the case, amen, but ask God what MORE you can do?

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
Follow/contact me on
07576326662
Follow me on my social media accounts
Twitter: @UncleAyoB
Instagram: @thatguya.b
Facebook: Ayo Balogun
SnapChat: uncleayob28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience