Affirmations Vs Disney Fairy Tales

 


What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Jame 2: 14-17

As Christians we love to read into these toxic-positivity movements, where believers think just thinking and speaking positives things means we'll get blessings as if some of us live in a dream world yes affirmations are real! But what's the point in speaking things into existence as Roman's 4:17 states but not put the work in for it? 

I feel we don't separate what's fairy tale and what's realistic, just because the pastor said you'll be  millionaires doesn't mean you'll be a millionaire tomorrow and win the lotter per say. But if you invest in stocks, shares, businesses, use your faith go to work shops/business conventions maybe you could be one, because you put the work in, yes we must speak things to existence, but we must take actions and use our faith wisely. A lot of Christians have Disney fairy tale faith, some of us feel having affirmations and just praying and God just does magic and abra kadabra your blessings comes out of nowhere. Bar Elijah praying for the fire to come down and affirming that God is real and the god of Baal is not, in 1st Kings Chapter 18 where else did someone do an affirmations in the Bible and their blessings just came just like that? I'll wait. 

To conclude today's blog my good Christian friend warned about me saying the catchphrases "I rather burn in hell" or "I rather sell my soul to Satan" when I don't want to do something yes lol I shouldn't say these things, but in my defence I say these things as banter and shock value as I'm a very dramatic person. In reality I wouldn't do neither of the statements, but my friend was saying I should not say these things and came with this affirmation Disney tale malarky. So my argument was to them if I say "I'll become Spiderman does that mean I will instantly become Peter Parker?" no!!!!!!  Like I stated affirmations, speaking things into existence and praying is only effective IF YOU TAKE ACTIONS! 

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
Follow/contact me on
07576326662
Follow me on my social media accounts
Instagram: @ayotalks2020
Facebook: Ayo Balogun
SnapChat: ayotalks2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience