Our Faith Is Being Testing In This Pandemic

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 
 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 
 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 
At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 
 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 
 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 
 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24: 6-14 

The above verses are what this pandemic of a virus has brought, such as wars/arguments between friends, family and partners where it gets toxic, Christians becoming cold in our faith, it's a dog eat dog world in this lockdown where many people are thinking about themselves and not helping others, More than ever this is a sign of the end times, because if this is not the best time to give our life to God then I don't know when will it be. 


What inspired me to write this blog is that weeks back, my pastor told us as the congregation, a story of a member who admittedly became weak in their faith, how they spent most of the day bingeing on Netflix and who were far away from God. I'm not here to judge because the 1st lockdown I became the weakest in my faith, I was committing sexual immoral sins that I've never committed before, I stopped doing my devotions, fasting and going to church. This is where the devil gets us, especially those who are not working from home, can't watch their churches live stream online or are not in education. As the saying goes idle hands are tools of the devil. You're in the comforts of your home, with lots of time on your hands where it's easier to be strayed from God and lose your faith, where many believers unfortunately became ex believers in these lockdowns. I repeat these are the signs of the end times, that's why I honestly feel God let this pandemic happened as the prophecy of Revelations must be fulfilled. 


What can we do in this lockdown to be strong in our faith? Make sure you do your devotions, watch more Christian content especially if your church is not live streaming their sermons, evangelize & spread the word, even if we can't physically evangelise in the streets because of social distance, but you can share sermons on your socials, post motivational Christians speeches on your profiles and just be helpful to your love ones and please don't forget to fast!!!!!!! Fast to be strong in these times, fast for God to use you and keep us steadfast. I can honestly say the 2nd and this recent lockdown I've been strong in my faith because I've been doing my fasts, going to church and disciplining myself to not miss my intimate time with God. The reason why many Christians and church authorities have lost their faith and the zeal for God in these treacherous times is that we've not been disciplined or have balance. This is key to keeping strong in your faith I'm not saying to fast, pray and only read the Bible for this whole lockdown, I'm saying have a balance have, have your time to relax, do your hobbies, spend time with loved ones but never forget your devotions with God as there is a time for everything as Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says. Jesus is coming back soon and this coronavirus saga is evident of that and like I said before if we don't get right with God when will we ever? I'm not here to scare anyone about going to hell but our salvation is important and in these times we need to be right with God more than ever. 


Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity
contact me on
07576326662
Follow me on my social media accounts
Instagram: @ayotalks2020
Facebook: Ayo Balogun
Snapchat: ayotalks2020


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience