Only God Can Fill Your Void


I gave my life to God at 16 and it was then I learnt that is only through God and His Holy Spirit that can fill the void that I had in me for years, I looked to social media, clout, food, validation, sports, fashion and media but it was only until I leaned on God and His spirit that, the void was filled. 

People look to addictions, the pleasures of this world and some sort of solace but these pleasures are temporary and never fulfilling. I don't mean to sound cheesy or corny but trust me only but it's only the Holy Spirit that can get you through tribulations of this life, through your mental health and our depression when we have the 9 fruits of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23 talks about we are calm, we are reassured and we are at peace, God can bring the closure that, that therapist can't, I'm not saying don't get professional help from physicians, doctors and health professionals, but sometimes as believers we don't use our faith intelligently and just think God will magic our blessings, faith without works is dead as James 2:20 says, so let's use the resources of this world that we are privy to as they can be used by God to heal & bless you, but these guys & resources are not the be all and end all so we mustn't depend on them fully, we do that with God, God can fill that hole in your soul then, that addiction you've had for years can't, God can give you that validation, that stamp of approval, that we've been looking for from society, family, social media and the world can't. 


Remember the woman in the Bible who had 5 husbands and the man she was seeing was not hers in John 4, Jesus told her that He had the living waters she was looking for, and Jesus didn't mean actual water, the water He meant, was His spirit, the spirit that counsels you, that spirit that gives you confidence and that spirit that gives you peace especially in these troubled times of a pandemic. Last year I laid on my trauma, I confronted everyone who hurt me and apologized to people I hurt, and it was then Jesus gave me that living water He gave to that Samaritan woman who didn't take Jesus serious at first. 


Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity

Contact me on

07576326662

Follow me on my social media accounts

Instagram: @ayotalks2020

Facebook: Ayo Balogun

Snapchat: ayotalks2020



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience