Even Jesus Had A Social Life!


Many Christian's don't have a social life and I don't know why? I was in this weird space in my faith where I was ALWAYS in church, I missed family birthdays, career opportunities and even got in trouble with family because I wasn't doing my duties at home, as they say you can't do charity outside in the world, if it's not done at home first! This is wrong because we as Christian's need to have a social life we need balance! 


When you look at the Bible, the reason why Jesus's ministry was so effective was that He related to humans, He did what other humans did, such as going out to eat with people, making house visits the first recorded miracle, in the scriptures our Saviour did was in a wedding! Where He turned water into wine, John 1-11. I feel many factors like church leaders expecting you to be in church 24/7, Christians thinking the more we are in church the more spiritual we are or we've become so focused on a works faith-based faith, this is wrong! As I always say in this blog we need balance yes we need to pray, fast go to church or any other fellowship we go to, but we also need to go out and see friends, visit family, go on holiday and focus on our studies if we are in education. How many pastors marriages are wrecked because they neglected their married spouse to solely focus on their ministry? How many young Christians families complain that their son, daughter, niece, nephew, granddaughter or sibling don't do their chores or are behind in their studies because they're always in church? How many Christians don't explore the world because they're being exploited by their church? We need a balance or we'll be mentally drained or end up leaving the church or Christianity I've seen many people leave the faith because they got so tied up in the church and neglected their social life, they spiritually burnt out and left the faith, THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO US! 


Please I'm begging as the Christian community let's have a social life, this is how we can bring more souls to the kingdom, this is what Jesus did, He used His social life to save others, God can use you to save someone in your football team, God can use you to save a friend you're visiting or God might tell you to evangelise to someone you met a party. I advise Christians to go out, visit close ones, join a sports team or a local club of your interests, yes we should put God first and we want to be zealous I get it, I want this too but God wants us to have a life too, how can we relate or save souls if people see us pharisaic Christians who are always in church and don't do anything else? As Ephesians 3: 1-8 echoes there's a time for everything!     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience