Convinction

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."  Matthew 18 :15-17 

When I read the Bible, and think of today's times, I see a reoccurring pattern that many Christians make, and that is we are too quick to convict others of their mistakes, sins and their wrong doings. Remember it's not our job to judge others that's God, who are we to play God and judge others when we do wrong ourselves? Like this verse says where it teaches us to take our brothers and sisters in Christ to the side, and speak to them not criticise them. In these days all I see is Christians hounding and making others feel guilty of their sins. 


"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted." Galatians 6:1

 The reason why many people don't go to church, or want to give themselves to Christ is because many Christians including my self (at one point in my life.) Is that some of us judge too much, we're quick to judge homosexuals, we're quick to judge people who fornicate and what other iniquity they do. We as Christians need to understand remember the stories where Jesus had compassion on sinners. The same compassion He had I have on homosexuals, killers and who ever lives their life in ways I don't agree with. I know in life we make mistakes, I know in life we don't approve of what the person next us is doing. But that's not our business to analyse them. For example look at the Bruce/Caitlyn  Jenner business look at how Christians are condemning him because of his sex change. As a Christian I don't agree with what he's done as it says in Deuteronomy 22;5 that partaking in this stuff is wrong but that's for God  to judge him not us!!!! Kudos to him. The best way we Christians can save someone that lives in sin is through a loving testimony and accepting them for who they are. Jesus did this in His ministry how many sinners did he save that society looked down upon he even helped a woman who had 5 failed relationships and the 6th one she was in, she was the mistress, but Jesus being Jesus helped her and guided her.


"Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother."

There's something my friend said to me that made me proud of myself (testimony time lol.) It was his birthday and he was a bit drunk, but he was talking about to a friend. And what he said made me think that through my testimony I'm an example, he was telling the other person even though he's  back slided in his faith, he respected how I never judged him, even when I've been around our group of friends. I thought wow our testimony really speaks volumes. The reason why I decided to be real with God because my Christian friends never judged me, every time I did or said something stupid (which is quite often lol let me be honest I'm working on it.) They never put me down they took me to the side and spoke to me. And this is the attitude we need to have as Christians we're too guns blazing okay it says in the Bible we need to be stern in our faith. But not to the point where we are making people feel uncomfortable. Remember we are all human, we make mistakes, we have different journeys to take, different races to run. Lets stop judging others because they sin differently to us remember only the Holy Spirit within us can convict us of our sins.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience