Justifying/Living In Sin

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

I know this is a touchy subject in Christianity along side many taboo subjects in the spiritual community. Because many feel they are judged, exposed or even feel patronised. I'm not here to write a blog that accuses and attacks Christians who find it hard to overcome sin. We all find it hard to beat sin as we were born sinners. We are not perfect even the "strong" Christians that we all look up to find it hard. But my argument is there's making mistakes and purposely living in sin. (Which many Christians do)  How many Christians are justifying why they think it's "okay" to live in sin? How many Christian authorities are purposely influencing people to sin? As we all heard of the story of the pastor who gave away free condoms so youths can "protect" themselves which gives out the wrong message that its okay to fornicate. I'm not here to attack the pastor I'm using that as example but it's acts like this is showing me that many of us taking ourselves far from God because of pointless sins.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 

This picture represents my faith, in the last 9 years I've been a Christian. Like I've mentioned in previous blogs I spent last 9 years warming up the seat in the church, being a fake Christian, getting kicked out of my churches youth group 4 times. Why was I far from God????? because I did what many Christians are doing playing with fire in their spiritual lives by doing the living in sin, I was following my lust, I was lying, holding grudges disrespecting parents and authorities. Let me tell you now living in sin takes you far away from God, how can we be with God if we are doing things of the devil? If I could turn back those years I would and take God more serious in my teen years but I've learnt my lesson the sin we commit is not worth it, the lie you told to save yourself from trouble may have felt good, the person who you slept with may feel nice, that guilty pleasure that you do at night when no one watches you may feel good. But those good emotions turn into guilt, then we repent and go back!! Who are we fooling? We can't be lukewarm!!!!! I know it's hard we all have our battles but nothing is impossible with God as long as you're finding a way to cut of that sin. There's many sins I had to let go and I felt so good the devil doesn't have hold no more, feeling guilty when you go church. Remember as the verse on the top of this paragraph says above our actions that we do in this life will determine whether we inherit the kingdom of God. And trust me if we all had to choose whether we wanted to go to heaven or hell we all know which option we would pick. 

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:16-18 

As Christians we justify our sins to much, this is what I was doing ok we're not perfect but we can try there's no harm in that. Before we sin or after we sin let reflect and ask our selves "Is it worth it?" "By doing this what am I gaining?"  We do gain short term joy from certain sins and then long term accusations from the devil. Remember how many Christians are in hell burning for their sins? I bet you any money they would do anything to live their life right with God and stop the sins they were doing. Sometimes the more we justify our sin the more close we are to loosing our salvation. I'm not here to condemn anyone but speaking from experience living in sin is not worth it no matter what the sin is I wasted years in the church and heading on the first class plane to hell if I died. I want this blog to be a wake up call to all of us to fix up, take our faith to another level and not give Satan any room in our lives.  
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience