Bearing A Good Testimony

"Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son." 1 John 5:10 
How do we lead the lost to Christ? How do we show many that God is in us? By showing a good testimony if we hold grudges, we are disrespectful to our parents we do sin a-z but yet we want to proclaim Christ in our lives, but yet people don't take us serious because we don't show them that God is in us. We show a bad testimony and that put's many people off Christianity and going to church. 


"And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning." John 15:27
Jesus ministry on earth was so effective because he showed a great testimony, he was loving, he didn't judge and was righteous. He did many wonders and yet many people went to serve him. As Christians we are leaders, we have to obtain good Character traits. Because it brings people to Christ I rememberer a time, I'll never forget this lol I tried to bring my brother to church, but he never came because I always showed a bad testimony at home I was rude to my mum, bullying my siblings and yet I was going to church. but yet I was praying for my family to be saved and go to church. But they didn't take me serious. We cant save people from the world if yet we are still in the world. 


Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11:1-2
Christian means to be "Christ-like" which derives from the Greek word Christos. When the faith first came to Europe. If we are not Christ-like aka being caring, unselfish, being obedient we can't save souls and we cant show a good advert for Christianity. Many hero's and heroines from the Bible are examples because they had great characters and testimonies of God. That's why 2000 years on we are still speaking about them today. I only realised how important carrying a good testimony is when family, friends my Twitter followers when they said they liked the way I carry myself and I motivate them. Being a testimony is so important in our spiritual lives because we need to show the world and those around us that we are truly of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience