Keep The Lamp Burning

"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’ Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." Matthew 25 10-13 
The parable of the 10 virgins is a clear example of why we should always keep our salvation, because we don't know when our Lord is coming back. Many people when the day does happen will be running around giving their lives to God and what not, knowing that he will be back, when in fact they had all the time in the world when we didn't know when he was returning. I always hear people saying "I'm too young to to give my life to God I'll do it when I'm older" or "I'll be a Christian later on let me have fun, let me live my life and do as I please now and get it out of my system" We don't know when we'll die, we don't know when the rapture will happen, who are we to say this? The 5 foolish virgins thought they had time to buy their oil (assume their faith) but clearly they didn't and was too late when they got the oil. 

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" Matthew 7: 21-23 
Being a Christian is not enough, going to church is not enough, knowing the Bible is not enough and surely being active in your church is not enough. How many people do all the above yet they are far from God? You don't see Jesus in them. There's many Christian like this burning in hell, many who preached, many who were in his presence. I'm not here to scare you but tell you the reality, we must have a relationship with God, we must be filled with the Holy Spirit, that's how we keep our salvation and be in tune in God. I did all of the above but yet I was holding grudges, disrespecting my mum and doing so many sins under the sun. I'm not here to attack anyone's faith as we all grow with Christ in different stages, we all have different relationships and all running our own race of salvation, as  it took me 9 years to be serious with God. There's so many signs that Jesus is coming back soon I don't need to list the examples. Let stop playing "church" and give our selves fully to God. 

"And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24 10-13 
If you're a fan and a constant follower of the UK gospel scene, it would've shocked you about the news, of ex gospel rapper Jahaziel leaving Christianity on Wednesday evening. I heard his reasons and even though I don't agree or understand them. I respect his decision but I can't help feel sad because he's my favourite gospel rappers of all time his music inspired my faith, I feel so sad when someone leaves the faith, because Salvation is gone. I pray for him to come back, I pray for the ex church leader I had who helped me in my faith (We're still boys till this day) and my family member who brought me to Christ, that they all come back to Christ. Because a life with out him is depressing, the joys of this world is short term, the consequence is long term. Remember we are in the last days, the love of many is growing cold, the devil is going into overtime in taking many souls to his kingdom. And many are denying Christ. Let's keep our lamp (faith) burning because we don't when death will knock on our door.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience