Losing Your Religion

I watched an interview with iconic gospel singer Kirk Franklin once, and he said to get closer to God he had to lose his religion. and I got what he said he wasn't talking about the religion James 1 talks about he was talking about man-made, routine religion. 

What is man-made routine religion? A religion that makes you serve God on autopilot, you only do what the church says, you follow the doctrine that has nothing to do with God you pray in the same, lethargic and cliche way & you fast in the same, lethargic and cliche way, God wants to have a faith where it's not robotic, not routine because organised and routine religion takes us far from God. 

For this reason, Jesus called out the religious Christians, when He was here on earth because they were doing the things as I mentioned in the previous paragraph plus being performative. Our faith needs to be a lamp that's burning for the fire that's mentioned in the Old Testament, how do we do this? Knowing the word for ourselves, being enthusiastic without faith not serving God in the same way and never leaving our faith on autopilot, as we get older and this happens with me, we become lose zealous for God and more robotic and this is why we need to lose our religion. 

Until next time guys, thanks for reading my blog if you have any queries about my blogs or want to know more about Christianity

Contact me on

07576326662

Follow me on my social media accounts

Instagram: @ayotalks32

Facebook: Ayo Talks Balogun

Snapchat: ayotalksbalogun 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Church Hurt

Spiritual Priorities

The Spirit Of Disobedience